Thursday, October 8, 2015

Day 1 (Entry 3 week 3) My journey into the unknown of God' will

Week 3? Day 1
10/7/15
I am learning everyday is “Day 1”. Everyday is new. Everyday is a new journey.
Thank you Lord for leading me from one new day into the next new day; and everyday into your will, your grip. Amen

Some days I find myself questioning what I am doing. I look at a large pile of songs. I am so reverent and thankful for. But, is this really what it is about? I get frustrated when I see others achieving so much while I struggle daily for simple things. This is not the Lord. This is the enemy trying to shift my focus from God's purpose to my desires. IT IS NOT ABOUT ME. The hardest lesson learned.
Help me to remember that I am not the focus Lord. Forgive me for forgetting that. Amen

Day 1
10/8/15
Working with mainly teenage girls, I see so much insecurity. The “Selfie” has become this generations way of finding themselves. Don’t get me wrong, it is fun to take “selfies” for fun. But, lately I see an epidemic of endless pictures of these girls in every different outfit, makeup, etc, to the point it is disturbing. There is a viral video going around the internet of these 8 girls at a basketball game. Every one of them taking countless pictures of themselves. Not even watching the game, just snapping photos.
It occurred to me we are living in a self created reality. We capture the moments we are at our best and post them for the world to see. We are so focused on finding the perfect angle, lighting, filters etc so we can create a picture that reflects us at our very best. The result is everyone is looking at everyone else’s “filtered reality” and not seeing real self behind the “selfie”.
As a generation we are all about ourselves. What pressure some of these girls must have to live up the pictures they see.
No one posts “selfies” in real moments. No one even uses the original shot even! We filter, retouch, re-filter until we are only a Photoshop of ourselves.
Some of life’s most real moments can be ugly. We all experience it. We just never capture it and post the real “selfies”.
When so much focus is on the outside of a person we lose sight of the beauty within.
We love our “selfies” a lot more than we love “ourselves”.
The bad news is sometimes we will grow old. We will lose our outward beauty. Then what value will this generation have for themselves?


No comments:

Post a Comment